As of 7/1/2018, the State Median Income limits have changed for 2018-19. The Governor signed into law the Budget Act of 2017 on June 27, 2017. On July 1, 2017 the household income limits were revised. See steps below to apply. This impacts families seeking initial eligibility and re-certification. If your family was previously on a free and reduced program, but lost your eligibility due to 2016 income limits, we highly encourage you to reapply. We also encourage families seeking a free and reduced program to apply for the first time. The bill has also changed to ensure most families will continue to receive subsidized child care for 12 consecutive months before reapplying.
If you are interested in applying, please follow these steps:
1. Contact your local center. You will need to apply at the center you choose to attend.
2. Inform staff you would like to apply.
3. Work with staff on submitting the following paperwork to determine eligibility:
- Family income information
- Family need status (working, going to school, etc.)
- Documentation of family size (children birth certificates, anything showing relationship of child to enrolling parent)
- Documentation family resides in California
4. You will be able to check on the status of your application with the center you applied with.
Would you like to learn more about who we are?
Want to see more about our programs and company? Watch our video.
Learn more about our Preschool Programs.
Learn more about our Before and After School Programs.
Learn more about our Kindergartener Enrichment Programs.
Have more questions? Contact your center or look on the FAQ page.
Would you like to learn more about these changes to the State Budget? Check out the following articles/links:
California to raise income limits to allow more children to qualify for subsidized child care, EdSource
More California children will soon qualify for subsidized child care, Black Voice News
California Education Code sections 8263, 8263.1, and 8273.1 and California Welfare and Institutions Code Section 11323.2 are found on the Assembly Bill 99, 2017–2018 Education Omnibus Budget Trailer Bill Web page at: